Actually, I would rephrase these:
1. If you use (powdered) chalk, clean up after yourself. Nobody wants to bathe in your dust. If you can’t do that, use straps.
2. Work hard or get out! You’re here to train not to socialise. Concentrate!
3. Be controlled. Sometimes things crash. Crash in a controlled way.
4. No music. You’re here to train not go clubbing. Concentrate!
5. Grunting is ok. Grunt in a dignified way. You’re doing a sport not starring in the gorilla exhibit.
6. Put your stuff away when you’re done. If you can’t manage that, you’re too young to be here.
7. Challenge yourself every day.
8. Train. Hard. And then get out!
9. Respect the equipment. (see number 6)
10. Phones only in use for tracking your lifts. No filming, taking pictures, texting or talking.
11. You’re here to lift. Use correct form.
The British government wants to prevent us from being able to see porn on the internet without telling our phone companies that we want to see it because they think it rots our teeth and our minds more than cigarettes or the disgusting amount of alcohol most people seem to drink. But then, sometimes you don’t need ‘porn’—there’s the underwear sections in catalogs or now online!
Dave and I wanna go out for a really nice dinner one of the days we are there, rather than go to our usuals!
There’s a restaurant on Spuistraat called Luden. Food is pretty good, atmosphere nice. The game salad starter is to die for.